The Source: Matt Barkley Announces His Return to USC in 2012

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Matt Barkley Announces His Return to USC in 2012

December 22, 2011
Heritage Hall @ USC
1:00PM PT

"Press Waits for Matt Barkley's Entrance"

On this day in history Quarterback Matt Barkley of the University of Southern California was to announce his decision whether to enter the NFL Draft or return to USC to play for the Trojans one last year as a senior in 2012. There are several pros and cons for each possible scenario and while every individual has the right to their own opinion, the truth of the matter is that Barkley would relish in a massive volume of success no matter what his decision is. Many of you understand the tremendous importance of this decision and all of the implications that go along with it, but if you want an in depth analysis on the decision, and the main factors contributing to said decision, no one can explain it better than Arrogant Nation's own Zach Jerome of 'Lost Angeles':


My Opinion? I'm a Trojan! Of course I want Barkley to return! While it is obvious that going to the NFL has its financial benefits (could you pass that up?) there is something about USC that is special. I am not an athlete at USC nor do I represent any prestigious stature here but I can tell you from experience that being a Trojan is an enticing and captivating experience and no one should ever run away from that experience. 

Well, he didn't run...

...instead...

MATT BARKLEY ANNOUNCED 
HIS RETURN TO USC IN 2012!!!

"My Own Personal Cell Phone Footage"

The quality of the video is sketchy (had to prove I was there though right) but there is a high quality video posted to the USC Football website here: http://www.usctrojans.com/allaccess/?media=289618

Matt Barkley's Announcement came with these words:
"I will earn my degree, the bonds have been forged, but I know in my heart that I have not yet finished my journey as a Trojan football player. Our USC football team has been through some tough times and we have persevered, but the 2012 team has some serious unfinished business to attend to, and I intend to play a part in it."

This was one of the most exciting experiences of my young life and although I have been to a lot of concerts, sporting events, etc. I have never felt an electrifying presence as strong as I did today when the press sat and stood within the confines of Heritage Hall and applauded the announcement that Matt Barkley would return next season.

2012 may now become one of the most successful season in USC Football History. The National Championship is the Trojans' to lose. The Heisman Trophy is already being engraved with Barkley's name. The anticipation is tremendous and if anyone has the athletic ability and mental capacity to take advantage of this opportunity it is Matt Barkley.

Matt Barkley WILL BE the greatest USC Trojan in the history of the institution. Barkley represents everything that goes along with being a student-athlete of the University of Southern California. I am overjoyed with the decision he has made and I wish him good luck in 2012.

FTFO!!!

FIGHT THE FUCK ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment